Diversity Training and Consultation Services
The diverse climate of the worlds in which we work, play, and live are increasingly providing opportunities to grow and be challenged as human beings, organizations, families, and communities. These challenges are exciting, yet inevitably generate stress and conflict. Quality training and facilitation in a safe, yet challenging atmosphere provides the opportunity to address the issues that surface when diverse populations work together. Providing relevant diversity consultation and training to agencies, corporations, and businesses is what I seek to do. Contact me to let me know how I can help you become more effective in embracing the diversity that could so greatly enhance what you already do.
Training services are experientially based and often involve case specific practice to meet the specific needs of the agency/corporation/business.
- General introductory training in the area of diversity issues
- Specific trainings in diversity areas involving privilege, gender, sexual orientation, race, and ethnicity
- Teaching and training in diversity concepts involving the most recent research and theory in best intercultural practices
Trainings are organized in such a way as to meet your specific needs, and can range in length from four hours to a full week or weekly on-going trainings of multiple lengths.
Consultation services include development of on-going plans for training and development towards the integration of diversity into the culture, mission, and policies of your agency/corporation/business.
- Case–specific practice and consultation in scenarios identified by agency/corporation/business
- Clinical supervision and consultation for mental health and substance abuse professionals seeking supervision around diversity issues
- Consultation available targeting wider systemic change involving development of diversity policies, mission statements, and changes in direct service delivery practices
- Facilitation of difficult cross cultural dialogue with agencies/businesses/groups interested in addressing specific or general diversity issues
- Facilitation of dialogue in response to a variety of films addressing diversity issues
Consultation services are typically conducted on an hourly basis and can be on–going.